Save The Date
Scholar Leader for the 2015/2016 school year:
Tuesday, May 17th, 2015
Best Western Royal Plaza,
Student Voices from the 2014 Scholar Leader Dinner
Annual Scholar Leader Awards
For the invitation and registration forms go to www.nelms.org/pages/awards/scholar_leader.html
Annually the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Middle level Educators in conjunction with the New England League of Middle Schools sponsors a scholar leader dinner for all schools with middle level students in Massachusetts.
- Each school in Massachusetts with middle level students will receive an invitation to choose two of their school's scholar leaders to represent their school at the event.
- Invitations and information is sent out in March.
- Guidelines are provided for the schools to assist each school in choosing their scholar leader.
- Students are invited to attend the dinner accompanied by their parents as well as school administrators and/or teachers.
- At the dinner each scholar leader is recognized and awarded a plaque and a picture taken by Lifetouch Photography as he/she is receiving his/her plaque.
- Annually state leaders who are involved in education are invited to attend.
- Demonstrates Academic Achievement
- Provides service to classmates and school
- Is a positive role model for peers
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, self-discipline, and courage
These additional indicators may be of assistance:
- Exercises influence on peers in upholding school ideals.
- Contributes ideas that improve the civic life of the school.
- Shows leadership in group situations.
- Shows respect for self and others.
- Exemplifies positive attitudes and inspires positive behavior in others.
- Demonstrates academic initiative and is willing to uphold scholarship.
- Demonstrates leadership in the classroom and school activities.
- Is dependable and well organized in any responsibility undertaken.
- Volunteers and is gladly available and willing to sacrifice to offer assistance to others.
- Accepts criticism willingly and recommendations graciously.
- Exemplifies desirable qualities of character and integrity.