MOYA - Month of the Young Adolescent
Students from the Frolio Middle School in Abington, Norton Middle School, Beckwith Middle School in Rehoboth, and Silver Lake Middle School in Kingston, and their teachers display the Proclamation of October as the Month of the Young Adolescent that they just received from Secretary of Education Paul Reville.
October is the Month of the Young Adolescent. There is much your school can do to celebrate the event as well as create awareness of the wonderful things young adolescents can do.
- Celebrate the month in your school with a kick off party
- Plan weekly student /parent /community events (an open house, a math games night, a read aloud night, or a crafts night.)
- Invite community business people to be part of a career awareness event for students.
- Work with students to create a community garden or clean up event.
- Organize a mentor program
- Urge your community to proclaim October as Month of the Young Adolescent
- Set up a shadow day in your school
- Set up a display in your school, library, or municipal offices.