Supporting Middle Level Education in Massachusetts since 1995
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Middle Level Educators (COMMLE) is an organization of educators,students, parents, and community members dedicated to the advocacy and support of schools and programs designed to meet the unique needs of pre- and early adolescents.
Through a mutual agreement with the New England League of Middle Schools All those schools from Massachusetts who are members of NELMS are also members of COMMLE .
Become an active Member
All Board Meetings are open meetings and new participants are welcome.
- Board Meetings for the 2012/2013 school year
Oct. 17, 2012
Nov. 28, 2012
Jan. 16, 2013
Feb. 27, 2013
March 13, 2013
April 10, 2013
May 1, 2013
- Time - 4:00PM to 5:30 PM
- Place - Norton Middle School, Norton, MA
- MOYA (Month of the Young Adolescent Activity support
- Review of current research into middle level best practices
- Advocacy for policies to support appropriate middle level practices in schools that educate young adolescents
- Massachusetts Scholar Leader Banquet
- Awards and Recognitions
- Spotlight Schools - A program co-sponsored with NELMS
- To be a consistent voice in Massachusetts to educate and inform local and state policy, regulation, and leadership regarding effective practice and key considerations that positively impact the learning of 10-14 year olds.
- To expand and promote activities, awards and recognition that further the mission and visibility of COMMLE